I hope that all of our Shields families have had a summer of fun times, rest, and rejuvenation for a new school year.
In preparation for the new year, I thought I would put some tips together for you to put into place that may make the transition a bit easier for your children. In the DuCharme home, we have been talking about the fact that routines will be changing gradually over the next two weeks (and yes they roll their eyes too!).We have also been reminding our boys of our expectations of respectful behaviors , positive attitudes, and yes even listening skills. :)
Back to School Tips:
1. Gradually work towards a bedtime that is more realistic to a school year bedtime.
2. Start having our children wake up a little earlier each day.
3. Making sure each day starts out with a balanced breakfast.
4. Begin working in a "study" time into your evenings. This time can be used for reading, writing, or practicing math facts.
5. Talk with your child about and concerns or worries they may have about going back to school or entering a new grade.
A website that I found to be helpful is: http://www.schoolfamily.com/back2school